Do you need gift ideas? Would you like to find that one special present that you’ll look forward to giving as much as the recipient will want to open?
The fine folks at Primula are here to help you accomplish your goal. Everyone loves to receive a present that makes them feel special- like you really took the time to make the perfect choice, created especially for them. But many times it is still hard to know exactly what to give. So the good news is we’ve taken the guesswork out of your hands. Primula has created such a variety of gift sets that you’re destined to find the perfect choice- no matter what your budget is. Primula- they transform ordinary moments into extraordinary. Shouldn’t your gifts do the same?
Holidays and Special Days:
Birthdays- Surprise the Tea-Drinker in your life with a Primula Flowering Tea Gift Set. The beautiful Glass Tea pot is accompanied by a gift canister of flowering teas. Each canister contains 12 different green tea flowers with jasmine flavor. This is a gift they’ll be able to enjoy throughout the year as each canister makes over 250 cups of tea! In addition to the beautiful Tea Pot, they’ll be able to watch flowers bloom before their very eyes as they sip their delicious tea and think of you!
Mother’s Day- Don’t just give your mom the same old bouquet of flowers this year- give her something she’ll be able to see, smell and enjoy everyday. Primula’s Black Tea Pot with 3 tea flowers make the perfect gift for a tea-loving mom. This stylishly designed Tea pot has a mesh infuser and is great for brewing loose teas or fruit teas. And because of it’s glass view, beautiful floral teas can be be viewed blooming before your eyes. The aroma and taste is something she’ll surely appreciate long after those cut roses have shriveled and died. Combine this Tea Pot with a 12 pc Variety pack of flowering teas, and she’ll be thinking of you every time a flower blooms!
Father’s Day- Let’s face it, another tie is not what he needs. But I bet he wouldn’t turn down a hot steaming cup of coffee made fresh every morning. Get the Dad in your life a Double Wall Glass Coffee Press. The Double wall borosilicate glass retains heat and freshness longer and the stainless steel parts will appeal to his masculine sense of fine art with a function. As he presses the plunger down to press the robust oils and flavor from the coffee beans, he’ll feel a sense of accomplishment. And as he pours himself a delicious flavorful cup of coffee with a frothy crema on top, he’ll be delighted to know you finally got him something he can use. Top it off with a mug that reads #1 Dad, and you may even see tears in his eyes.
Bridal Shower- Give the bride a gift that’s not only beautiful, but can be used in her home for entertaining for decades to come. She’ll appreciate the present even more as she serves delicious drinks on special occasions like anniversaries, baby showers and holiday gatherings from this gorgeous 1.5 gallon Beverage Dispenser. Don’t be surprised if she unwraps it and immediately tells you she’ll use it at the Wedding reception. Yes, it is that stunning! And you’ll be pleased to know you’re helping her go “green” as the dispenser is made from recycled glass and packaged with a chromed plastic spigot and chromed metal stand.
Teacher Appreciation- Give the teacher in your life the gift of peace and serenity. I’m sure any instructor would greatly appreciate a Flowering Green Tea Variety pack over an apple. And the benefits of drinking green tea will provide them with a healthy dose of antioxidants in every delicious cup. Combine it with a Hand-blown Glass Tea Maker that is ideal for individual use and they can carry their 12 oz personal mug with them to their classrooms. This Gift set will surely score you an A+ for Best Present!
Secretaries Day- This 16 oz. Double wall Mug with a Tea Bag Buddy is the perfect way to keep your secretary from running back and forth to the break room when you’d rather have her at her desk. And because you’re such a great boss, you’ve figured out the perfect gift to let her savor her favorite cup of warm steaming tea while on the clock! The Tea Buddy’s innovative design provides a convenient way to secure the tea bag string while covering the mouth of the mug trapping the steam to keep the tea hotter while brewing. You’ll look like a hero, and she’ll accomplish more work. That’s a win-win!
St. Patrick’s Day- A perfect gift for the Irishman in your life is the Primula Coffee Press Gift Set. This Coffee Press delivers a more flavorful and robust taste than traditional brewing. The set includes the 3 cup Coffee Press with 2 matching cups. Combine this gift set with a bottle of their favorite Irish Whiskey and they’ll be blending the perfect cup of Irish Coffee in no time!
Valentine’s Day- Since this is a day set aside for romance, why not create a special gift that appeals to all her senses? Primula’s Glass Teapot Gift set is ideal for creating the perfect setting. The 40 oz. Borosilicate Glass Tea pot is as beautiful as it is functional. Fill the pot with a Flowering tea infused with fresh jasmine. It’s one of 12 included in the gift canister. The room will be infused with a fragrant aroma and the flower will incredibly unfold before her eyes. The delicious liquid will call her name to be savored and as you pour the warm heart-healthy brew into one of the 4 oz tea makers, you can whisper words of endearment. And she can begin to appreciate the finer things in life- like you!
Remember, You can’t go wrong giving the gift of Tea or Coffee.
There are many ways to create a gift set that is special. Simple accessories like a New Book, candles, soaps and lotions coupled with loose flowering teas can create a Spa-like atmosphere that whispers tranquility and relaxation.
Put a Travel mug with 1 lb. of your favorite coffee beans in a bag for your favorite Bus Driver, Courier, or Newspaper Deliverer.
Do you know someone who loves to entertain? I bet they’d love a 2 Liter Primula Carafe that removes the guesswork out of whether they’re serving a beverage at the right temperature or not. It keeps beverages hot or cold for up to 12 hours and has a thermometer to read the vapor of the beverage inside the carafe. They no longer have to wonder, because they’ll pour a perfect cup every time.
The ideas are endless. We here at Primula want to help you create that special gift every time so feel free to contact us for more suggestions.
Tea can be used in a variety of ways. You’ll be amazed at how versatile Tea can be. It’s not just for drinking. Use tea in breads, cakes, cookies and ice cream, as well as in noodle dishes, marinades, and pizza sauce. See the following recipes for the very best in kitchen-approved tasty recipes.
Boston Iced Tea
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 15 tea bags
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- Put water in large pot, and heat on high until boiling. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add teabags and let steep until desired strength is acquired. Stir in cranberry juice concentrate, and allow to cool.
Makes 14 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 118 | Total Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg
Arnold Palmer Passion
- 4 (2 g) bags hibiscus tea
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 4 cups prepared lemonade
1. Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags and allow the tea to cool to room temperature.
2. To prepare the drinks, fill 4 glasses with ice cubes and pour 1 cup of lemonade into each glass. Carefully pour 1 cup of cooled tea into each glass so that it floats on the lemonade.
Nutritional Information – 1 glass serving
Amount Per Serving Calories: 99 | Total Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Pour boiling water into a mug, and place the tea bag in to steep for about 1 minute. Remove and discard the tea bag. Pour in the whiskey, milk and sugar as desired. Stir, drink, then relax.
- 1 cup strong brewed black tea
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1 liter ginger ale soda
- In a large punch bowl, combine tea, grapefruit juice, orange juice, pineapple juice and simple syrup. Stir in the ginger ale and serve.
Nutritional Information – Makes 12 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 76 | Total Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg
Barmbrack (Traditional Irish Cake)
- 1 3/4 cups brewed black tea, cold
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped candied citron
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put the tea, sugar, raisins and peel into a bowl, cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch round pan.
- Sift the flour into the fruit mixture, add the egg and beat well.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Nutritional Information –makes 10 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 0.8g | Cholesterol: 21mg
Steamed Green Tea Cake w/ Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered green tea
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, garnish
- Set a bamboo steamer large enough to contain a 9x9 inch pan over simmering water. Sift together the cake flour, baking powder and green tea powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar, water and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until mixture has tripled in volume. Fold in the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold whites into the egg yolk mixture. Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Place cake pan in steamer. Stretch a kitchen towel over the cake pan without touching the surface, then cover with steamer lid. Steam cake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and cut into pieces before serving.
Nutritional Information – makes 1 9 inch cake. Yields 12 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 185 | Total Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 102mg
Chocolate Earl Grey Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Earl Grey tea, finely ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, sugar, and tea. Beat in vanilla, then eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder; fold into egg mixture until just mixed.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
Nutritional Information – yields 3 dozen cookies
Amount Per Serving Calories: 100 | Total Fat: 5.7g | Cholesterol: 25mg
Green Tea Cheesecake
- 2 (8 ounce) containers fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the green tea powder, eggs, and vanilla extract until lightly and creamy; pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the center jiggles evenly when the cake is shaken lightly. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional Information – yields 1- 9 inch cheesecake.
Amount Per Serving -Calories: 198 | Total Fat: 6.3g | Cholesterol: 38mg
Green Tea Ice Cream
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon green tea powder (matcha)
- Lightly pound the ice cream on a wooden cutting board; transfer to bowl and add matcha; mix well. Refreeze or eat immediately.
Nutritional Information- 2 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 134 | Total Fat: 7.3g | Cholesterol: 29mg
Meals and Side Dishes:
Delicate Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 jasmine herbal tea bag
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the 3 cups of water and the tea bag in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove tea bag from boiling water. Stir rice and bouillon cube into the flavored water; return to a boil. Cover pan; reduce heat to low. Allow rice to steam until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff cooked rice with a fork, and stir in butter. Top rice with chopped cilantro.
Nutritional Information –yields 6 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 150 | Total Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 5mg
Chinese Pork Chops
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat stick margarine*
- 2 cups brewed tea
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season both sides of pork chops with seasoning blend and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat in margarine on each side over medium-high heat. Add the tea, celery, onion and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat to serving dish. Strain cooking liquid, reserving vegetables. Place vegetables in a serving dish with meat. Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
Nutritional Value: yields 6 servings. Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 pork chop with vegetables and 2 tablespoons gravy) equals 218 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein
Sesame Peanut Noodle Salad
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup brewed black tea
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and julienned cucumber
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir together the peanut butter, peanut oil, tea, ginger, garlic, jalapeno pepper, salt, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a large mixing bowl until incorporated. Place the egg noodles in a large bowl; add the cucumber and cilantro and mix together with your hands. Pour the peanut sauce over the noodles; mix with your hands until evenly coated.
Nutritional Information –yields 8 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 697 | Total Fat: 27.9g | Cholesterol: 95mg
Spicy Beef and Carrot Salad
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound carrots - peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound beets - peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup brewed black tea
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups arugula
- 2 1/2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots and onion on one side of the pan, and the beets on the other side. Spray the vegetables with cooking spray. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then uncover pan and roast until browned and tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Whisk together the honey, ground chipotle pepper, Dijon mustard, olive oil, tea, apple cider vinegar, and salt until the mixture is smooth and the salt has dissolved. Place the roasted carrots, onion, and beets into a large bowl, and pour the dressing over the vegetables. Gently toss vegetables to coat with dressing.
- To serve, place 1 cup of arugula on each of 5 salad plates, then top with 1 cup of the dressed vegetables and 1/2 ounce of goat cheese.
Nutritional Information –yields 5 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 190 | Total Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 11mg
Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pizza Sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brewed black tea
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pizza Topping
- 1 boneless chicken breast half, cooked and sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 small fresh red Chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour warm water into a small bowl; stir in honey until dissolved. Add the yeast, stirring until dissolved. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and olive oil; stir well to combine. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch down the risen dough on a floured surface. Divide into two equal portions. Allow the dough to relax for a minute, then roll each portion out into a thin circle. Place on lightly oiled pizza pans.
- To make the peanut sauce, place peanut butter, tea, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a blender. Add chili oil, ginger, and honey; process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, sesame seeds, paprika, Chile peppers, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the peanut sauce. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated. Spread the remaining peanut sauce evenly over pizza dough. Top with chicken, green onions, and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Garnish with carrots and cilantro.
Nutritional Information- 16 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 6.5g | Cholesterol: 10mg
- 6 tea bags
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons loosely packed saffron threads
- 1 (16 ounce) package brown sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rum flavored extract
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground dried ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, chopped
- Steep the tea in the hot water for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags, then whisk in the saffron, sugar, lemon juice, rum extract, cayenne pepper, ginger, clove, coriander, salt, and tarragon until the sugar has dissolved. Cool to room temperature before using. Refrigerate any marinade that will not be used immediately.
- To use, marinate meats such as chicken or pork in the refrigerator overnight.
Primula transforms ordinary moments into extraordinary. It is how Primula feels about each and every one of the products put out into the market. Primula sells items that people love to use by understanding first and foremost what people want and how using these products makes them feel. After understanding this Primula then designs the products to fill that need and enhance the emotional connection.
Primula does it differently. And it must be working, as this family-owned business has been designing and creating quality houseware products since its beginnings in 1946. Primula works from sketching to design to production, based on what the consumer tells them they want. All of Primula's production is monitored by their own staff making sure the materials used in the production are safe and as specified. That is one of the reasons Primula’s reputation is unrivaled in creating quality products with strong consumer loyalty. Happy users are the key to Primula’s success, and hundreds of testimonials can confirm this buyer’s remark- “Once a Primula customer, always a Primula customer.”
Discover for yourself how Primula transforms ordinary moments into extraordinary.