If you're anything like the next coffee lover, you know how easy it can be to spend hundreds of dollars per year at various coffee shops. Luckily, there are at-home solutions that save you money, gas, and time in the morning. Who doesn't want that?
Not only is this Starbucks copycat drink tasty, but it's the perfect pick-me-up as well.
The Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso from Starbucks is one drink that has all the craze lately. We can't blame the people, the drink is good and we found a way to make it just as good, but from the comfort of your own kitchen.
The first thing you'll want to do to prepare for this delicious coffee recipe is grab a mason jar (or any jar with a lid), add in a spoonful of your favorite brown sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract, and pour your espresso over the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
For the espresso in this coffee recipe, we recommend using the Primula Stovetop Espresso Maker. This stovetop espresso maker is the start to saving yourself from trips to expensive coffee shops. Make coffee house quality coffee from the convenience of your home, brewed exactly to your preferences. This unique kitchen tool is the best stovetop espresso maker to make a wide variety of coffee. While the coffee made with the Primula Stovetop Espresso Maker is perfect for the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, it also works well when making demitasse espresso, lattes, cappuccinos, Cuban coffee, Italian style coffee, Moka, mochas, crema, and so much more. Within minutes, you'll have delicious stovetop espresso. Besides the delightful espresso, this stovetop espresso maker is easy to use. All you have to do is fill the lower chamber with water, add ground coffee or espresso to the filter, and place it on the stovetop. Within minutes, you'll have delicious bubbling cups of espresso that will quickly make your iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso incredible! Once you have your espresso and brown sugar/vanilla mixture, shake it in the mason jar vigorously.
Primula Stovetop Espresso Maker, 1-12 Cup, Italian Style Moka Café Brewing
Save yourself from trips to expensive coffee shops and make your favorite espresso drinks at home. The Primula aluminum stove top espresso maker makes flavorful coffee in minutes! Sometimes referred to as a Moka Pot, this Italian espresso maker makes… read more
Once shaken, add the oat milk to your mixture. You can use any kind of milk here, but since we're doing a copycat recipe from Starbucks, we recommend using oat milk.
If our tasty recipe wasn't enough to convince you to make your own coffee at home, here are some reasons to ditch the expensive coffee shops, and #BeYourOwnBarista!
- If you do the math, on average, it costs about $5 for a coffee at a coffee shop. Let's say you go through the drive-thru each morning 5 days a week. Per month, you're spending around $100, adding up to $1,200 a year! Spending around $13 for the Primula Stovetop Espresso Maker and a few extra dollars for coffee beans or grounds can take you a long way, and save you a good amount of money per year as well! Not to mention the money you'd be saving on gas as well!
- It can save you so much time in the morning. Maybe you'll get to sleep in later than you usually would by making coffee from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Speaking of the comfort of your own kitchen, making coffee at home saves you a trip from having to leave the house in general! Keep your pajamas on and start brewing!
- You can experiment with different types of coffee, syrup, creamers, and more. Have you been wanting to try cold brew, but the baristas always seem to be in a rush to get the next order, or aren't sure of what to ask for? Try Primula's Burke Cold Brew Maker. You are able to experiment with different types of coffee, all while saving yourself some money throughout the year.
- When it comes to trying a new type of coffee, flavors, syrups, creamers, and more, it can become an addicting process! You never know what you could come up with when crafting your own drinks at home. The coffee and brewing opportunities are endless. What will you create?
We love this copycat recipe for so many reasons - it's delicious, easy to make, vegan, and dairy-free (if you opt for plant-based milk), and it saves us a couple of bucks!
If you try the recipe out, tag us on @primulaproducts on Instagram for a chance to be featured!