Boil ﬁltered water in a separate vessel, preferably a slow pouring kettle. Prepare about twice the amount you will need for your cup of coffee. Insert the paper ﬁlter into the dripper and set in place over the mug. For optimal taste, slowly pour boiling water through the ﬁlter to rinse away any paper taste and preheat the components. When the water has ﬁltered through, remove the dripper and discard the water from the mug. Replace the dripper with wet ﬁlter over the mug.
2. Add fresh, medium to medium-ﬁne ground coffee to the ﬁlter (approximately 2 TBS. per 6 oz. of water, or to desired taste). Level the surface of the coffee and make a small indentation in the middle.
Taste can be affected by bean type, roast, grind and brew time.
3. Slowly pour hot water (approximately 200°F is best) into the center indentation of coffee until all of the grounds are wet, then let it rest for 30 – 45 seconds. The coffee will swell and bloom as it begins releasing ﬂavor from the grounds. Continue gently pouring water in a circular motion starting at the center and moving in and out. Keep the water ﬂow as steady as possible to maintain a consistent volume throughout the process, making sure not to overﬁll the dripper. Allow about 2-3 minutes for this process to ensure optimal ﬂavor extraction.
4. When you have ﬁnished pouring the desired amount of water into the dripper and soaked the grounds evenly, let the remaining water ﬁlter through into the mug. Remove the dripper and discard the paper ﬁlter. That’s it! You’re ready to enjoy a truly superb, full-bodied and delightfully fresh cup of coffee made just the way you love it.
BEFORE FIRST USE
•Inspect for any cracks or chips.
• Wash thoroughly in warm, soapy water.
• Rinse well with clean water, then towel or air-dry.
• To clean, hand wash with warm soapy water.
• Rinse with clean water.
• Allow to dry.
• Dishwasher safe.
• Do not use if cracked or chipped.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Always use caution when handling hot water.
• Do not wash while still hot.
COFFEE BREW GUIDE
Customize ﬂavor and strength with the speed at which you pour the hot water (quickly for lighter coffee or slowly for a darker brew). We recommend using unbleached paper ﬁlters for optimal coffee ﬂavor. Water Temp = 200°F (93°C). Allow water to boil and wait 20–30 sec. before pouring over coffee.
Thank you for purchasing the Primula® Pour Over Coffee Dripper Set. We hope you enjoy the quality craftsmanship of this splendid product.